COMMENTS ABOUT THE BOOK:
- "I quite see the purpose of this paper, to put clan Donald more clearly and convincingly centre-stage in the 'creation' of Iona (medieval abbey), and I most sincerely agree with this purpose". "I appreciate your motives and applaud them.”
Proff. Hugh Cheape, Uni. Of Highlands & Islands; former Principal Curator National Museums Scotland.
- [At Iona conference] “There is some good stuff in here"; " interesting things to say about the grave monuments in St Oran's Chapel.”
Dr David Caldwell, Archaeologist, former Keeper of Scotland & Europe in the National Museums of Scotland; Curatorial Advisor to the Museum of Islay.
- “I think you have done the most magnificent job, and you are to be congratulated.”
The Right Honourable Godfrey James Macdonald of Macdonald.
- “I have read your most impressive paper and you certainly have my full support.”
Sir Ian Godfrey Bosville Macdonald of Sleat, Bart.
- "I fully support you in your efforts to regain our rightful (historical) possession of Iona Abbey."
Aeneas Ranald Euan MacDonell, 23rd Chief of Glengarry